About Me

My photo
I am a mexican folk artist living in San Antonio, Texas. As an artist, I enjoy painting, creating mixed media and assemblage art out of recycled and found objects. The bold colors I use in my folk art are derived from the popular and religious arts of Mexico which is my second love. I create "Day of the Dead" alters and shrines These are created in celebration of life rather than death. I also love to garden and here in San Antonio Texas we have pretty hot summers so we like to plant drought tolerant plants that are native to our climate. I live in a city that is filled with so much beauty, history and culture of endless enjoyment.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

As an artist I am occasionally asked who inspires me and what is it about that person that inspires me. Well, I have a cousin named Adrianna Garcia who is an artist who specializes in paining murals.  She often paints images of women who appear to be strong, courageous, independent and powerful.  In essence she is painting me along with thousands of other women who live strong and courageous lives.  Here is a glimpse of Adrianna's artwork...



It's said that artists express themselves through their art.  I find this to be true, at least for me.  For me art is therapy, tranquility, inner peace and a sense of belonging.  

No comments:

Post a Comment