About Me

My photo
I am a mexican folk artist living in San Antonio, Texas. As an artist, I enjoy painting, creating mixed media and assemblage art out of recycled and found objects. The bold colors I use in my folk art are derived from the popular and religious arts of Mexico which is my second love. I create "Day of the Dead" alters and shrines These are created in celebration of life rather than death. I also love to garden and here in San Antonio Texas we have pretty hot summers so we like to plant drought tolerant plants that are native to our climate. I live in a city that is filled with so much beauty, history and culture of endless enjoyment.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Serenity"

I just completed a painting for an auction.  Her name is "Serenity"...


No comments:

Post a Comment